14201 White Water Way
Darnestown, MD 20878
Offered @ $1,199,000
Unbelievable opportunity to own a totally renovated (in 2015) showpiece home on a picturesque 3.86 acre cul-de-sac lot backing to Muddy Branch Park with a bridle path to the 11.9 mile Greenway Trail leading to the Potomac Horse Center. This sensational 6BR/3FB/3HB expanded colonial exudes quality craftsmanship and offers scenic equestrian living with fully-fenced lot and three-stall barn. This barn has been expanded and converted to a custom-built, 12+ car detached garage with 15-ft. ceilings, three 12-ft. garage doors, propane heating, three auto lifts, and mezzanine storage perfect for any car enthusiast. Alternatively, the sports aficionado can transform it into an indoor gymnasium, basketball court, soccer arena or hockey rink. The house floor plan boasts over 6,500 square feet of living area including a three-story addition to the original home and two separate attached two-car garages. Designer-home appeal including a great sense of light and spaciousness with 9-ft., vaulted and cathedral ceilings, skylights, refinished oak hardwood flooring, elaborate moulding, three fireplaces, and custom built-ins throughout. Elegant foyer entrance opens to formal living room, dining room with fireplace, powder room and study; state of the art kitchen with custom cabinetry, granite countertops, and high-end commercial stainless appliances for the most discerning chef; step-down family room with floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, built-in entertainment center, and built-in bookcases; mudroom with second main level powder room and access to the main level 2-car attached garage; master bedroom suite with sitting area and lavish Travertine bath with whirlpool tub and separate walk-in shower with bench seat, dual shower heads and body sprayers; five additional bedrooms upstairs with two additional full baths; walk-out lower level recreation room with stone fireplace, game room area, wet bar, powder room, workshop/fitness room and access to the lower level side load two-car attached garage; worry-free Guardian generator to protect against power outages; energy saving Geothermal zoned heat pumps; stone front walkway to covered front porch and expansive maintenance-free composite deck spanning the entire rear of the home with scenic panoramic views.
- Exterior ~ Glorious 3.86 acre cul-de-sac lot with scenic panoramic views and fully-fenced rear yard; asphalt driveways to front load two-car garage into main level and additional side load two-car garage into lower level; stone front walkway to covered front porch with stone flooring; brick and siding exterior with grand three-story addition; enormous maintenance-free composite deck with vinyl railings and two sets of stairs on either end spans the entire rear of the home; stone patio under deck spanning the same size; upgraded professional landscaping design with brick retaining walls and specimen trees.
- Barn & Auto Shop Complex ~ Asphalt driveway leading to original barn with three stalls and hayloft converted to a four-car + tandem garage; NEW brick and block auto shop/garage addition off of the original barn with storage for eight + cars; 15-ft ceilings and three 12-ft garage doors; two 2-post auto lifts and one in-ground lift; propane heater; mezzanine storage; covered three-bay tractor port; complex could be converted to indoor gymnasium, basketball court, hockey rink, soccer arena, or home office for those who are not car enthusiasts.
- Two-Story Foyer Entrance ~ Front entry with solid door, side transoms, refinished hardwood flooring; 9-ft. ceiling with crown moulding and chair rail; triple semi flush mount drum light fixtures; solid oak staircase and oak railings with white painted balusters; double door coat closet; formal powder room; door to lower level.
- Living Room ~ Wide-cased opening entry from foyer; refinished hardwood flooring; 9-ft. ceiling with crown moulding; floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Dining Room ~ Wide-cased opening entry from foyer; refinished hardwood flooring; chandelier and LED recessed lighting; 9-ft. ceiling with crown moulding, chair rail, and shadow box moulding; floor-to-ceiling windows; wood-burning fireplace with marble surround, flush hearth, and wood mantle; double doors to kitchen.
- RENOVATED Kitchen ~ Refinished hardwood flooring; cathedral ceilings with four skylights and pleated shades; recessed lighting and ceiling fan with light; 42-inch painted maple cabinets with crown moulding, self-closing hinges, glass doors, and roll-out drawers; granite countertops and 18-inch granite backsplash; under mount stainless steel farm sink with disposal and pull-out faucet; Jenn-Air 36-inch smooth ceramic glass cooktop with five burners and telescoping downdraft vent; Jenn-Air 42-inch, stainless side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with filtered ice; Jenn-Air stainless dishwasher; Jenn-Air microwave in cabinet; walk-in pantry with built-in shelving; double window with Palladian transom above; French door to deck.
- Breakfast Room ~ Refinished hardwood flooring; vaulted ceiling; recessed lighting and brushed nickel drum chandelier; bay window with pleated shades.
- Step-Down Family Room ~ Refinished hardwood flooring; recessed lighting; ceiling fan; 9.5-ft. ceiling with crown moulding; floor-to-ceiling wood-burning stone fireplace with raised stone hearth & wood mantle; built in entertainment center flanking fireplace; built-in bookshelves and cabinets; windows with Palladian transoms above; Roman shades; French doors to deck.
- Study ~ Refinished hardwood flooring; 9-ft. ceiling with crown moulding & chair rail; recessed lighting; semi flush mount drum light.
- Mud Room ~ Ceramic tile flooring; two closets; second powder room; access to main level two-car garage.
- Master Bedroom ~ Refinished hardwood flooring; recessed lighting; ceiling fan with light; crown moulding; sitting area with wall of closets Roman shades.
- RENOVATED Master Bathroom ~ Step down, double-door entry; vaulted ceiling; recessed lighting and drum chandelier; 24-inch rectangular Travertine tile flooring; his/hers oversized vanity cabinets with marble countertops, Kohler under mount porcelain sinks, and brushed nickel light sconces; two-person whirlpool tub on Travertine tiled tub deck with body sprayer; huge walk-in Travertine tiled shower with frameless glass enclosure, custom mosaic inlay, bench seat, dual showerheads and body sprayers; windows with Roman shades; separate water closet; walk-in closet with custom built-ins; BONUS dormer closet for luggage and other bulk item storage.
- Bedroom #2 ~ Carpeting; two closets; recessed light; Roman shades; access from MBR so could be used as a future walk-in closet, separate sitting room, nursery, exercise room, etc.
- Bedroom #3 ~ Carpeting; double-door closet; recessed light; silhouette shades.
- Bedroom #4 ~ Carpeting; double-door closet; recessed light; ceiling fan; Roman shades; access to hall bath; pull-down stairs to attic.
- Hall Bathroom #2 ~ 12-inch ceramic tile flooring; tub with tiled surround and glass enclosure; oversized vanity with 4-light sconce.
- Bedroom #5 ~ Carpeting; double-door closet; recessed lighting; ceiling fan; silhouette shades; pull-down stairs to attic.
- Bedroom #6 ~ Carpeting; double-door closet; recessed light; ceiling fan; roller shades.
- Buddy Bathroom #3 ~ Ceramic tile flooring; tub with tiled surround and glass enclosure; oversized vanity with two sinks and medicine cabinet; two 3-light sconces; shared between BR’s #5 & #6.
- Upper Hallway ~ Crown moulding and chair rail; overhead drum lighting; two linen closets.
- Laundry Room ~ Ceramic tile flooring; Maytag H/E front loading washer & dryer; laundry sink; storage cabinets above.
- Recreation Room ~ Berber carpeting and tile flooring; solid wood paneled walls; recessed lighting; full wall of stone and wood bring fireplace with raised flagstone hearth and stone mantel; wet bar and built-in shelving; ceramic tile powder room; storage closet under stairs; storage room; access to lower level two-car garage and side load driveway; walk-out access to rear yard.
- Workshop/Fitness Room ~ Concrete flooring; recessed lighting; work bench with cabinets; walls of windows;
- Other ~ Two zones of energy-saving Aquarius II Geothermal heating and cooling; 80-gallon hot water heater; water softener and acid neutralizer; home is equipped and protected from power outages by a Guardian propane gas-fired generator; both two-car attached garages with automatic door openers & remotes.